Who we are?
BYHOURS, is the leading platform in the management and distribution of hotel inventory, rooms & meeting rooms, packaged per hours. With more than 4.000 direct hotel partners from high/medium chains to independent hotels. We are an international and young team, passionate about what we do, quick learners and achievers. Currently we are a team of 50, located in our offices in Barcelona and Mexico and also working from Argentina, Colombia, Turkey and Indonesia. But we still have challenges ahead. So, If you’re afraid to shake things up a little, better click away. This role is probably not for you.
Who will you work with?
We say yes to bold ideas and thinking outside the box. We love the startup life and that’s why we are based in Barcelona’s start-up hub by the Barceloneta beach, surrounded by fellow entrepreneurs, developers, digital marketers, skaters and surfers.
What will you do:
- Evolve the BYHOURS CORE platform.
- Involvement in the analysis and evaluation of new projects.
- Develop & maintain our platform with special attention to code maintainability and scalability & application performance, making it robust and scalable with the help of cloud.
- Define, analyze & integrate the right web technologies that may suit the different cases.
- We are building new and amazing product teams, where you will be a key actor adding all the IT knowledge together with other IT members but also business partners.
- The platform is evolving and you will be part of it deciding and contributing new technologies, methodologies and ways of working.
You must be & have:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in PHP with solid knowledge of PHP7.
- Experience with PHP frameworks
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- You understand SOLID principles, Clean code and Design Patterns & have experience applying it when coding.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server applications and RESTful APIs
- Working with NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, MongoDb);
- Cloud environment, preferible AWS.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- Work autonomously, are excited by new technologies, and will never back down from the challenges of scale.
- Be analytical and methodical
- “problem solving” attitude
- Learn quickly and be proactive
- Be persistent and patient.
- Team player
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
It’s a Plus:
- Experience in the Travel Industry.
- Experience with other development languages. Preference for JAVA but it’s not closed and other languages can fit.
- Experience with old PHP frameworks like Symfony 3.4 / 5, etc.
What we offer:
- Career development opportunity: You will have the opportunity to learn and work in one of Barcelona’s most distinguished Startups. You will meet people from all over the world and you’ll learn how a Travel-Tech company works and what startup life is all about.
- Permanent contract
- Working 40hs/Week, spread as follow:
- Monday - Thursday: 9-2pm and 3-6:30pm
- Friday and pre-festive days: 9-3pm
- Flexible compensation
- Possibility to work remotely
- Free afternoon on your birthday
- Gym discount
- BYHOURS products discount
- Start-up environment
- Office equipped with table football, ping pong, cushions XXL for siesta, ...
- Location: Barcelona Tech City - biggest HUB in South Europe, based in Barcelona (Barceloneta)